Wednesday, June 22, 2011

all I know is that I love you tonight



This week, I fell in love. Quickly. Like I always do. With the most beautiful creature in the universe. And this time, maybe it's been months coming. I was inexplicably drawn to you from the very beginning. I just didn't understand why. But that was before, and now I know.


I love your smile. I love your voice. I love the way your shoulders shake when you laugh. I love your legs. I love the way you look at me when I make you laugh. I love your arms for their strength. I love the way you walk like the world will wait for you. I will never forget your smile. I love your name even when I don't use it. Of course I couldn't remember your name in the beginning, and now it's sewn onto my heart. For four days, you were my universe. Now you have my heart. I want to be your best friend. I want to walk around with our pinkies crossed. I don't know how long this feeling will last, but right now it's beautiful. Every song reminds me of you. I was driving and the sky was cloudy and there was a rainstorm in the distance, and I thought of you. I don't know why.






I don't ever want you to stop looking at me that way. Like I am brand new, like everything I say is a secret I'm revealing to you. I want to walk in your shadow. After four straight, long days with you there, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself now. Until Saturday. I miss you. And it's been ten hours.


Things happen for a reason. Sometimes I spend sleepless nights worrying about what I'm going to do and missed opportunities, and then six days later, I realize that if I had left to seize that opportunity, I would have missed out on you. And that is the saddest thing. You make me feel like the sky exploding. In the very best way. I will never forget the first time I made you smile at me. Because it was beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment