Monday, October 5, 2009

i try and i try and i try

lately I have been thinking about names, and then today my friends and I were discussing name meanings. my name means Crowned with Laurel and my middle name is Victory of the People, both with French origin, appropriately. if I was a boy I would have been Christopher, which understandably means 'Christbearer'.

I have always been particularly fickle about what I want to name my future children, cause I can only settle on middle names that I really like - Vivian, and Bliss. But a couple days ago I finally decided that I want to name my daughter after Keltie. I can't find the meaning anywhere, but it holds enough personal value that I don't need a definition. She has shaped who I want to be so much and taught me about life and inspiration and how to look for the best in people and each day as we experience them. She has inspired me to be more optimistic and dream big because I can do anything I want if I put my mind to it and work hard. All of the names that start with K-e-l in the name meanings dictionary mean things like warrior and powerful and chief and defender, so I like that, too. The name Keltie is really pretty and unique. Also she's Canadian, so hopefully it's French.

I want my daughter's middle name to be Elizabeth. Elizabeth is my mom's middle name, after her mother. It means Consecrated to God, which I also like. I want to raise my children differently from the way I was raised, so it's appropriate. Keltie Elizabeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment