Sunday, October 4, 2009

the fish swam out of the ocean

i wish i had more time to read. actually, that's not right. i wish i took more time out of my day and made myself read, instead of doing mindless things on my laptop or napping just because i'm bored. i used to love reading so much, and i still do, i brought all my books with me, it's just hard to have them still in a box under my bed. i don't even have room for a bookshelf to put them on. i dug franny and zooey out of the box a month ago and have only read a couple pages. at the same time, i feel like all i am doing for classes is reading, so by the time i finish i am too burnt out to pick up a book. it shouldn't be this way. sure, i am reading great literature for my short fiction class, but i am not allowing myself any pleasure reading time.

that will be my goal for this week. thursday, after midterms, instead of holing up in my room in my free time & watching tv shows on my laptop, i will take a book outside and read by the pool or on the lawn. hopefully the weather will be nicer then.

No comments:

Post a Comment