Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I've missed you but I haven't met you.

If I could, I would stop all of my clocks to the moment I met you. And live in that night forever. I remember it so clearly. I already knew your name but not your face, and then I was finally able to connect the two. And we talked about dance. We had danced in the same show -- twice maybe -- without ever knowing each other. I wish I could go back in time and watch it all over again, now that I know you. Because I love to watch you dance. And we could've flitted around backstage together and pressed sticky eyelashes onto each other's eyelids. I would have checked your lipstick for you. I would have told you you looked beautiful.

I just got the mantra cuff I bought for someone special (you, obviously) in the mail today. I can't wait to give it to you. My stomach tightens at the thought of you wearing it. Of us matching, being bound together. I want you to feel the same strength it gives me. I hope you wear it. Even just once in a while. Seeing it on your wrist would make me feel better about this, about everything. I only share this bracelet, this part of myself, with very special people. And I've decided to share it with you. I choose you.

My manifest song for 2012 was To Whom It May Concern, and I only had to wait one month to find something that I had been missing. I am so lucky. I feel blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment