Saturday, April 23, 2011

I thought I had you figured out.

Did you really think that you could go a week without trying to talk to me or see me and it would go unnoticed? Did you think I wouldn't mind when it seems like you don't even care what's going on in my life? I thought this bond we have was supposed to mean more than this. Do you even miss me, when we go days with nothing but silence? I know you're busy, everyone is busy, but you obviously have time for him so why can't you make time for me? In two weeks we will both be leaving for the summer. We won't see each other again until August. But I guess that doesn't really matter to you. And when I am feeling particularly vindictive, I am glad that you don't even try to talk to me because at least if we are distant in these last few weeks then maybe I won't miss you as much this summer. Because apparently I can't have both of you at once. As I get closer to her and spend more time with her, you disappear. It's just like Keltie's dad said.


"Baby girl, you can have it all, but you can't have it all at the same time."

Why can't I just have you both at the same time? We're supposed to be a family; you are not mutually exclusive events. Why don't you miss me? Why is it always me that has to reach out? And half the time you don't even bother answering me when I do.

I just miss standing in the ocean at midnight with you. Can't we go back to that?


Maybe I just like feeling sorry for myself too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment