Thursday, September 9, 2010

keeping it all at arms length

ballet is hard. french is hard. editing makes no sense. my feet hurt. my legs are shaky. my skin is bad. i'm so tired. i don't drink enough water. there are not enough hours in the day. i miss my sister. i don't have time to miss anyone. i don't have time to think about anything but what i have to do next or planning when i'm going to be able to eat. i'm stretched so thin i feel like i could cry in an instant. not because i'm upset, just because i'm overwhelmed with so much. i don't get enough time in the day to listen to as much music as i want to , as my soul requires.

in spite of everything, i'd rather be busy than standing still. i love being busy and not having time to be sad or lonely.

drowning in the pouring rain and thunder and puddles on my way barefoot to class makes me feel alive. i sat down looking like a drowned rat; this is my life and i love it. the rain gives me hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment