Tuesday, March 23, 2010

i gotta shine my rusty halo

i think if i had to describe myself in one word, it would be: exactness. i think before i speak and carefully plan out exactly what i'm going to say, how i'm going to convey what i want to convey. this means i often falter when put on the spot or thrust into an uncomfortable situation. today i was told i should take an acting class to improve my public speaking. we'll see about that one. that sounds kind of monumentally scary. way out of my comfort zone, which is the point i suppose, but. one step at a time.

"This is remarkably smart, good, good, good writing. Exactly as I knew you could do. You've amazed me since you first showed up in RCC. There is something emotionally and personally exact about you. It is an artistic exactness, and probably more than an artistic exactness."

what a lovely compliment to get. and from a superior, a professor who i so greatly admire.

No comments:

Post a Comment