Tuesday, March 3, 2009

this is what it means to me

I'm not sure what my favorite Beatles song is, it changes a lot, but Hey Jude is one that I can say is on the list of "Songs That Saved Me". Last February, I was going through some stressful stuff, whatever it was I don't remember specifically right now, but one chilly night I bundled up and went to this block party a couple blocks away where a Beatles tribute band was playing and somewhere amidst the drunken old people that were trampling me, that song itself broke through the shell of negativity of whatever I was frustrated and stressed with, and I found myself singing "nah nah nah nahnahnahnah" and "nothing to get hung about" at the top of my lungs and nothing else mattered. And I went home and realized it was going to be okay, as long as I could have moments like that where I feel so alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment