Saturday, December 25, 2010

and we will put the lonesome on the shelf



Ending the year exactly the way I began it. Going back to this song, and being unexpectedly (and for no reason whatsoever) haunted by the same damn boy. Ugh. (Actually, that stupid boy stuff was two years ago, wow, but. Nevertheless. It's taking me longer than I thought, I guess.)

 This year, I made it to June (I think) without having to listen to Parting Gift on repeat and cry my eyes out, so I'd consider it a pretty successful year. There was only one small, dark patch there in the middle of the summer, but going back to school knocked me right out of that yucky disgusting blah funk.

This year, I painted my room (again), switching from dark red to light blue, and I feel like it really represents who I am right now, who I have worked so hard to become. I am not nearly as angry and bitter as I once was. There are still frustrating things that I deal with in my head, but I am working on it. I have very high hopes for 2011. I can't believe it's been a year; it feels like New Year's Eve, with my poor best friend feeling miserable on my couch all night, was just yesterday. Not almost 365 yesterdays ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment