Sunday, November 8, 2009

levels of permanence

i guess when i said that we were closer, that we had we connected in a different way, i should have realized that meant it was going to hurt more. the good and bad were both going to mean more. i spent a week with your cowboy boots on the floor next to my bed, liking the way my black heels looked next to them, and then all of a sudden i wanted to throw your stupid red and black boots out of my fifth floor window. but i guess because we are closer (even just a little), it is easy to fall back into each other and go back to normal.

(i have been through this pattern before, believe me when i say i know--)

instead we just go back to singing each other songs about breaking hearts, and saying "i love you" back. i won't look at your belongings in my room and be hurt by the sight anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment