Tuesday, September 29, 2009

i'm not your princess (not yet at least)

i am at this stage in my life where i have a fairytale, happily ever after complex. books and people keep telling me that none of it's true, but i don't care. i want to believe and have this hope, at least for now. i want a white wedding and i want to wear a beautiful princess dress and marry the man of my dreams. i want a white house with blue shutters and a wide wraparound porch with swings to sit and watch the sun go down and wave at the people who walk by. i want my home to be small and warm and always filled with family and love. i want a big backyard and a beagle puppy to run around in it.

i don't need all of this, or any of this, right now. i am fine with waiting for all my dreams to come true in the future. if i wait, they will be better. everything will be better later. i don't much mind the not-knowing part, either. as long as it happens eventually, while my soul is still unburdened and i can still dream big dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment